The One !!!

There is something missing in me.
Something that's important, maybe the most important to me.
Something that would add meaning, a reason to my being .
The thing that would give me sleepless nights and yet make me feel content about myself.

Every day, every moment of my life I'm in search of that One thing, even when I don't know what it could be!
Is it love? Is it fun? Is it going to the extreme to feel the adrenaline rush..? Is it companionship..? Is it the need... the craving for appreciation? ... Is it solitude... ? I don't know! I have no clue...
I'm just waiting ...searching for my awakening.
I'm walking with my hands stretched out, as if in the dark. Careful of my each step, stopping... feeling each thing I touch on my way... Making a mind map as my fingers tread the maze.



Is this the One I want... Is this the One that would make me complete....

 It's a big world.... My legs are getting tired... My senses fail me... I no longer have the strength to go on... Just one more my mind says and I push myself to it.... I arrive at the next one....

My hands reach out for help... And I'm held....
My fingers roam across the silhouette soaking in the features.... And I'm loved...
My heart jumps to my throat, I choke .... And I'm calmed
My mind races ahead, trying to think... But it falls...

The heart is carried away into the secrets of the darkness ahead.
My tricked mind plays games with me .. Stands away and laughs at my foolishness....

My heart is too engrossed in its fantasies to notice this. She's enjoying the attention received, her thoughts are with the new One. Fascinating , fabulous and freakingly beautiful... She's one with the One.... Raindrops and sun kisses fill my heart with pleasure... Undescribable, Addictive Ecstasy!

My out stretched hands pull me closer to the One.... Afterall my heart is already with the One!
I am more confident than before, the darkness seems to have been defeated by my mind's eye....
I take one step at a time in the direction my heart takes me....
The air gets warmer by the second, should be the warmth of the One.
And just when my mind decides to agree with my heart, I stumble and... Boom!!!

An explosion!!!
I'm burnt, flames engulf my heart, eating into my veins to leave the ashes behind....
My mind stands away and watches my heart tremble, a 'I told you so' attitude it has well rehearsed....
The flames die down and I'm left where I stopped...
The darkness remains, the paths remain, the Ones I've left behind are still there, and the Ones I've yet to touch are there too....
The saga would continue, and every time I'm burnt, bruised, torn apart, I promise myself "never again" . I'm better off without anyone!

 But there'll be many Ones , and i should be at arms distance until I'm sure! Until my heart and mind joins in unison to agree on the One... I'll keep going.... Cos someone once said.. No matter what, just keep going, I'm with you!!! 

Popular posts from this blog

Arranged Vs Love? .... its Complicated!

Truly.. Madly... Deeply !!!

The Desire to Inspire ….