...to the world of Rapists!!!!!

It was a cold morning and i slipped out of bed careful not to wake up my two year old sleeping peacefully beside me...

I hurried to the kitchen to start with my chores for the morning. one of it being retrieving the milk packet from my front door, i opened the door and picked up the packet and the newspaper.
I conducted the usual ritual of reading the headlines and was about to flop the paper on the table, but before i could walk off something caught my eye. Dumbstruck, shocked, numb, shivers.... i don't know exactly how to explain that moment of pain.

"Capital shamed: Girl gang-raped on bus in South Delhi", it read. Details of it all of you would have read. It was too much to believe. 

As i managed to handover the paper to my husband and walk away, my mind was flooded with the many such articles I've read in the past. brutal cases like these have been in the papers on and off. Fathers, Uncles, Caretakers, turning into monsters at schools ,home etc, The very people and places we considered secure is now where we should be extra cautious !!! 

Accidents happen.. it's part of life... but what about things like these? What reason or justification do they have for committing such a brutal act, to make a person devoid of the capability to live a life, dignity aside, atleast with the minimum confidence that someone will not plunge over them in the next second. To say that its animal behavior would be to insult the animal kingdom itself, atleast they Kill and dont make their victims's life  a rotting hell! 

When i grew up we were told to be careful about strangers. Don't talk to strangers my mum used to utter, outgoing was not the kind of thing one was supposed to do when in a vulnerable situation and it was understood well. But now? what should i tell my son\daughter? 

Should i isolate them into a cube and let them live their lives in a dungeon where no one can reach them?

Whom should i warn them about? strangers? or their own family members? 

Schools are now creating awareness about good touch and bad touch, but what do we teach them about the jungle out there? How can one live with the fear that any moment, any one can turn into a monster and pounce upon you!!! 

Right and Wrong no longer comes in Black and White! We need to revisit our morality. We need to find our moral self to be able to stop ourselves from viewing others as probable Victims. Wake up people.... wake up the human in you.... 



Comments

  1. Hey Megs, Thanks for dropping by my blog..craft supplies ... you asked me about felt papers...do you mean velvet paper or felt sheets?
    Since there was no email, I had to drop in a comment here...email me at tejal2210 AT gmail DOT com and I'll help you out.

    Tejal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would Love to know what you felt about my writing... Plsssssss leave a comment .... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Arranged Vs Love? .... its Complicated!

Truly.. Madly... Deeply !!!

The Desire to Inspire ….