Relationships............


Today morning was listening to my Ipod, and a very familiar song was going on, the next song was something I hadn’t heard before, and it took some time for me to gain interest in listening to it.

A thought came to mind then…. When it was the songs I knew already, it was easy to set my mind to its tune ‘cos the mind knows what to expect. But when it’s a new song i took a bit more time to adjust to the tune or actually start listening to it….

I feel that most of the times this is what we do in our relationships too. We all have some assumptions, usually formed with the help of what we see through media and what we read through books.

We assume that a particular relationship is supposed to be in a particular way. And when we personally get into such a relationship we start expecting the same as what we saw in the movie or read in a book. This will hide the true individuality of the persons involved and will lead to disappointment.

I should learn to keep my mind open. Open to new things, open to trying out new things, open to getting to know a new person. I should never forget that Everything and Every person is different from each other. No one is ‘like’ no one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arranged Vs Love? .... its Complicated!

Truly.. Madly... Deeply !!!

What do women want??